PHOTO (IMAGE) INSTRUCTIONS
Photograph must be recently taken. No older than six months before.
The photograph (image) submitted by you must meet the following specifications. Otherwise your entry will be disqualified.
The way a person must appear in submitted photo:
Focus: Photo must be in good focus.
- Head position of the applicant when photographed must directly face the camera.
- Applicant’s head should not be tilted up, down, or to the side, and must be front-faced.
- Applicant’s head should cover about 30% to 50% of the area of the photo.
Background of the applicant when photographed must be in front of a neutral, light-colored plain background.
Background with dark or patterns will not be accepted.
- The applicant when photographed must not wear objects like sunglasses or any other decorative items that can detract from the face can't be accepted. However simple spectacles with plain glass can be used while taking photograph.
- It is highly recommended not to wear head coverings or hats while taking photograph. But if someone has to wear then it should not obscure any portion of the applicant’s face.
Ways to make photo file:
There are two ways to make a photo file:
- The image file can be produced by taking a new photograph using digital camera.
- A photographic print can be scanned with a digital scanner.
Instructions for making a digital photo (image):
The submitted digital image must meet the following specifications:
Image File Format: The image must be in the Joint Photographic Experts Group (JPEG) format with good quality.
While saving file the image should not be crispy or blurry.
Image Resolution: 350 pixels high by 300 pixels wide.
Image File Size: The maximum image file size is 200 kilobytes (200 KB).
Image Color Depth: The photo must be in 24-bit Color.
Note: Photographs that do not comply with all specifications mentioned above, including but not limited to recency of the photos, composition of the photos, and unacceptable backgrounds are grounds to disqualify your entry.